Friday 22 July 2011

Friday night treats

So I promised when I posted on Sunday I'd email and say how the summer pudding turned out. Well  here it is in the bowl...











And here it is, in one piece, out of the bowl (admittedly, I made an error when I expected the juices to soak against gravity and dye the bread at the top, or bottom when it's turned out.









And here is a slice of it, all ready to eat! It was very nice, the bread was lovely and gooey and the sharpness of the fruit cut through the curry takeaway which we ate to celebrate the finale of The Apprentice. (I am still happy that Tom won.) Next time, though, I think I'll add a smidge more sugar.


Finally, a picture of the maturing fruitcake, which is smells fantastic. I'd also like to add that my thumbnail is not dirty, I just caught some crumbs on it when I turned the cake over! I'm most hygienic at all times in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment